[dev] A bit of help for my application

Ron Cooper rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com
Thu Nov 6 15:48:22 PST 2003

One of the Business applets I am attempting to port to Horde involves
generating a report via OCI8 from tables located on an Oracle 817 server.

My intent is to integrate give this application menus and setup like any
other Horde application, and thanks to the latest skeleton in CVS I have
accomplished this.

But I having problems with forms and session variables.

First, this applet was written for php3 and it of course required that
register globals be enabled in order to pass variables in the sessions.

Question:

is session variables passed in horde via start_session() and
$_SESSION['variable'] or do I use some other mechanism?

Ive been able to have some success at placing a .htaccess file with
"php_flag register_globals on" and placing it in my apps directory, but
this is less than optimal.

I'm attempting to use code like this:

if(isset($_SESSION['txtdate'])) {
$txtdate=$_SESSION['txtdate'];
	}elseif (isset($txtdate)){
$_SESSION['txtdate']=$txtdate;
}
but it does not appear to be working.

I'm having trouble trying to determine what Horde has classes for and what
I should be doing as you'd normally do in php4 for session variables.

Thanks
Ron

---