[dev] How to write a newline with Horde::raiseMessage()?

Giannici Federico giannici at neomedia.it
Tue Nov 11 01:20:38 PST 2003

Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Giannici Federico <giannici at neomedia.it>:
>
> | What is the supposed way to write a newline with the
> | Horde::raiseMessage() method?
>
> AFAIK, you can't.  raiseMessage() is not supposed to be used for pretty,
> formatted messages, just simple alert/informational messages.

I have to show a message made up of two sentences. I think it would be
much more readable if I could insert a newline between them.

I cannot see any controindication using a nl2br() after
htmlspecialchars()...

Anyway, I can survive with this, but what about the problem I signaled a
couple of day ago ("<i>" tags in text sent to Horde::raiseMessage())?

Bye.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it