[dev] SOAP interface a la XML-RPC?

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Mon Nov 17 08:30:20 PST 2003

I need to implement a SOAP interface to an internal Horde application.
Unfortunately, XML-RPC is out because the remote user has demanded SOAP.

My question is: would anyone be interested if I add SOAP support alongside
the current XML-RPC remote interface? The biggest problem is generating the
WSDL for application API functions - PHP4 doesn't have any support for
introspection(?), so applications will need to explicitly provide
information on their API arguments for the WSDL.

Any thoughts?

thanks,
john
--