[dev] SOAP interface a la XML-RPC?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Nov 19 00:38:12 PST 2003

Zitat von John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:

> I need to implement a SOAP interface to an internal Horde application.
> Unfortunately, XML-RPC is out because the remote user has demanded SOAP.
>
> My question is: would anyone be interested if I add SOAP support
> alongside
> the current XML-RPC remote interface? The biggest problem is generating
> the
> WSDL for application API functions - PHP4 doesn't have any support for
> introspection(?), so applications will need to explicitly provide
> information on their API arguments for the WSDL.

I started working on a SOAP implementation of our RPC server a few months
ago. I couldn't continue because the PEAR SOAP package didn't support
dispatchers but expected (like many SOAP APIs) an object that implementents
all methods that should be exposed by the server.

The authors added such a feature a bit later on my request but unfortunately
other things went higher on my priority list. I didn't touch the code since
then and the last time I tried it, it almost crashed my server. ;-)

I'll try and see if I can come up with something before next week, unless
you need something quicker. It's up to you then to implement the server
part of the RPC SOAP driver.

Jan.