[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/templates/portal block.inc

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Sat Nov 22 16:56:25 PST 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 01:49:25PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:
> >   Log:
> >   Get rid of ugly white space at the bottom of cells that are too tall for
> >   their content. The block's white background is now only as a big as the
> >   cell's content.
>
> This was there to make block sizes stay consistent with other blocks that they
> line up with. I'd really rather have it back - do you feel strongly that it
> really looks better uneven?

In my portal view, I've got two columns, three blocks in the left and a
single block in the right that spans the left three. The right-column block
is much shorter than the combined length of the blocks in the left column,
leaving a couple inches of whitespace at the bottom of the right column.

I think it looks much better without the trailing whitespace, but I agree
that adding another block in the right column makes things look weird. Maybe
set all blocks that aren't bottom-most in the column to 100% height, so the
trailing whitespace is gone without gaps before additional blocks?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm at horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,