[dev] sql scripts in xml

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 1 08:41:35 PST 2003

> MDB (http://pear.php.net/package/MDB) supports that too:
>
> * RDBMS independent xml based schema definition management
> * Altering of a DB from a changed xml schema
> * Reverse engineering of xml schemas from an existing DB (currently only
> MySQL)

I think it'd be great if people started contributing alternate database drivers
for things like MDB instead of DB.

As for the general XML idea, outside of providing MDB schemas if we had drivers
for it, I'm not really sure what it really gets us, outside of a lot of work...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe