[dev] ansel performance (was "category performance")

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Dec 12 15:38:31 PST 2003

Zitat von Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:

> I think this structure will greatly improve performance.  Unfortunately,

I can't comment on this because I don't know the category system well
enough.

> this
> change would mean a pretty major structural change for ansel, and it
> probably
> couldn't come at a worse time as we are discussing the release schedule
> for
> different modules (including ansel).  Maybe we could release ansel as-is
> for
> this round, and make the changes for the next release.

This shouldn't stop any development. Both solutions are viable, to release
Ansel with the old structure and a new version with the new one, or to
simply wait with Ansel's release until the change is finished.

We don't have to release all modules at one time. Actually I have no idea
how we want to handle these lots of modules anyway.

Jan.