[dev] Release Engineering: Versions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Dec 12 18:23:16 PST 2003

> As the possible combination of module versions mainly depends on the Horde
> version, I suggest a new brach naming theme that is based on the major
> Horde version. Something along MAJOR_3 OR FRAMEWORK_3 for all stable
> branches of to be released modules and *_4 when the next Horde version
> comes out.

For the record, I would be fine with this solution as well; I don't think it's
critical to allow an app to jump major versions without jumping the framework
version, and without the app version in the branch name, there isn't even a
particular reason to do so.

Also, with the new package setup, hopefully it'll take a *lot* to actually bump
the major version of the whole framework.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe