[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: wicked/lib Page.php wicked/lib/Page StandardPage.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Dec 15 00:47:58 PST 2003

> >   Log:
> >   Use Text_Wiki for wiki markup processing.
> >   We need to extend the link rules for our own handling, but works
> great so
> >   far. If Text_Wiki has more parsers for the different wiki syntaxes,
> it would
> >   take a configuration switch to change the used syntax in wicked.
>
> Cool! Do you think it's better to do it this way directly in Wicked, or
> should
> be use Text_Filter_wikiwords (perhaps renamed to Text_Filter_wiki) as our
> wrapper, that sets up our own handlers properly for all of Horde?

I think we should handle it in Wicked. It would be too specific to be of
general use and I don't think we'll have other modules than Wicked
displaying wiki markup.

> Also, do you know if Text_Wiki supports per-page special parsers (like,
> for
> example, reST)?

Yes, that would be possible. For now I create a global singleton of
Text_Wiki in the driver class ($wicked), but it could as well be
instantiated in the Page class.
Text_Wiki is in general designed to allow custom parsers as well as
renderers.

Jan.