[dev] Release Engineering: Versions 2

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Dec 17 09:02:21 PST 2003

To sum this discussion up, there are currently two possible changes to the
*branch* naming. The *version* numbers keep increasing by one, each module
on its own.

1) One branch name for a major Horde version and all modules that run with
this version, like FRAMEWORK_3 OR MAJOR_3.

2) Include the major Horde version that is required with the branch name of
each module that still keep their major module versions, like RELENG3_4 for
IMP 4.x and RELENG3_1 for Ingo 1.x.

The discussion tended to the seconded solution, but I want to clearly point
out the two possibilities before we decide. Opinions? Votes?

P.S.: Of course there is still the third option to keep it all as it is
right now.

Jan.