[dev] Release Engineering: Versions 2

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Dec 17 11:33:25 PST 2003

> 1) One branch name for a major Horde version and all modules that run with
> this version, like FRAMEWORK_3 OR MAJOR_3.

I find this more readable, and so I'd prefer it.

> 2) Include the major Horde version that is required with the branch name of
> each module that still keep their major module versions, like RELENG3_4 for
> IMP 4.x and RELENG3_1 for Ingo 1.x.

I'd bee much happier if this looked like RELENG_3_IMP_4 or something like that,
so that the numbers and letters weren't squished together. Or
FRAMEWORK_3_RELENG_4, or what have you. I know it adds a bunch of characters,
though. And RELENG_3_4 seems too unclear. RELENG_F3_A4 (framework 3, app 4)?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe