[dev] Release Engineering: Showstoppers

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Thu Dec 18 05:28:29 PST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 11:32:44PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > > We should put up a Wicked Wiki somewhere to track all these lists. :)
> >
> > That was my first thought too. :-) But we need at least perms and
> > notifications in wicked.
>
> What kind of permissions and notifications do you mean? Shouldn't be hard to at
> least have it not allow editing for guests based on a setting.

I'm not sure if this agrees with the Wiki philosophy, but we have had a
request here to make certain pages read-only and certain pages off
limits to some people.  This might be what Jan is thinking.

I've also wanted to have the system email me when a page is updated.  It
might also be nice for public wikis to be able to request an email
whenever there is _any_ change.  In this case, perhaps a daily summary
email might be a better thing.

I'm game to implement these, but I'm not sure when I'd get to them :)

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>