[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib Registry.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 18 17:16:41 PST 2003

> > this spawns a few questions:
> > - as perms are becomming a quite central part of the apps and blocks,
> > should we
> > make $perms a global var and set it up in horde's base.php? rather than
> > require_once and singleton() all over the place...
>
> I have no strong opinion about this. But it probably makes sense at a
> certain point.

Putting it in Horde's base.php won't take care of it for all apps (and I don't
think it belongs in core.php). What seems like it might make sense is for
Registry.php to handle instantiating it, like it does for Prefs. How's that
sound?

> > - does it make sense to keep using the registry allow_guests setting? it
> > seems
> > that it will start creating confusion. who gets priority? setting
> > allow_guests
> > in the registry or in the perms?
>
> Yeah, this setting should be dropped in favour of guest perms.

I agree.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe