[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config html.php.dist framework/UI/UI Tabs.php

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Fri Dec 26 09:09:03 PST 2003

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 10:03:08AM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> > We did this for a short time in the mailbox view (or was it the folder
> > navigator?) because I felt the same. But we didn't make good experiences
> > with it, too many "false click", e.g. when you simply want to highlight
> > that browser window.
>
> We also had a lot of trouble with this in the mailbox view because of the
> checkboxes, and because of the option of having the sender's email address
> be linked to a compose window.

I'd like to at least change the table headers (to sort by that column) - I
think that would be a big help. They don't take up too much space, so the
possibility of false clicks when switching windows is pretty low.

What about making just the From and Subject cells clickable? I think those
are really the only two that would benefit, which gets around the checkbox
problem. Try it and see what everybody thinks?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm at horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,