[dev] Weather

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Sun Jan 4 15:12:53 PST 2004

When InterceptVector disappeared, Eric Rostetter wrote a jonah driver for ejse.
The only thing missing was a config file or database script to supply the
locations. More recently (12/15/2003), Dan Chlopek converted it to a portal
block and submitted it to the jonah list. The block accepts a zip code for the
location parameter. I fixed a few minor problems with it, and fixed the
display of graphics for the seven day forecast. I've also tried to modify it
to conform to the CODING_STANDARDS document (mostly trying to comply with the
80-character per line maximum).

It works right now, but the code still needs some clean-up. I'd also like to
modify it to provide a drop-down for locations in case the user doesn't know
the zip code; I'm having some trouble finding a source for this information,
though.

There have been quite a few messages to the horde and jonah lists recently
about weather, so I was wondering: should I submit what I have (since it
works) so that others can work on cleaning it up too, or should I wait until I
think it's production quality before I submit it?

Thanks in advance

--
Rick Emery

 you will always long to return"