[dev] ansel status update

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Thu Jan 8 11:15:44 PST 2004

> - It seems that some of the methods like renameImage, getImageParents, etc.
> could be bumped down into CategoryObject_Image, letting you call them just
> getParents, rename, etc. (and also to have just rename instead of
> renameGallery
> in Ansel_Gallery). Just a slightly more OO/cleaner API.

I just looked at this & have a quick question:

Currently, Ansel_Gallery has renameImage($image) as a function.  It calls
$this->_categories->renameCategory($image) to do the work.

If I move this function to CategoryObject_Image as rename(), is it acceptable to
call $this->_imageOb->_categories->renameCategory($this)? I ask because
_categories should be private to _imageOb & shouldn't be called by anything but
itself, right?

If this is not the right way to do this (which I don't think it is), what would
be?

Thanks in advance

--Ben