[dev] Folder List

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Jan 9 05:49:50 PST 2004

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> All right.  Let's try again with this one.  Try what I just committed - it
> seemed to fix the problems on my uw-imap-2001a test setup, and continues to
> run perfectly on my courier-imap setup.

It fixed most (but not all) of the problems for me. Folders are no longer
duplicated. (And, it's nice to know I was on the right track; I hadn't gotten
to a conclusion yet, but it appeared that the same folders were being merged
into the tree for "INBOX" and "mail".)

As for the existing problems, I'm going to try to troubleshoot the errors
myself, but one of the behaviours I'm seeing was mentioned by someone else
before, so I thought I'd mention it.

My initial folder tree looks like this:

+..INBOX
.
...Receipts
.
...SecurityUpdates

When I expand INBOX, it looks like this:

-..INBOX
.
...newCVS
.
...newHORDE
.
+..OldMail
.
...Receipts
.
...SecurityUpdates

When I expand OldMail, it looks like this:

-..INBOX
.
...newCVS
.
...newHORDE
.
-..OldMail
.
...+..OldMailSubFolder
.
...Receipts
.
...SecurityUpdates

When I expand the sub-folder (under OldMail), all remaining folders are dropped
(Receipts and SecurityUpdates).

-..INBOX
.
...newCVS
.
...newHORDE
.
-..OldMail
.
...-..OldMailSubFolder
.
......+..SubFolder1
.
......+..SubFolder2
.
.........SubFolder3

It only seems to happen with folders under INBOX. In the example above, if I
expand SubFolder1, SubFolder2 and SubFolder3 are not dropped (though Receipts
and SecurityUpdates are still absent).

I've also noticed that, if I collapse INBOX (by clicking the "-"), the folders
that disappear in the above example are still listed under INBOX. They are in
the "mail" folder in my home directory (as are newCVS and newHORDE), so I'm
not sure why they're displayed differently.

Any clues? Thanks!

--
Rick Emery

 you will always long to return"