[dev] Folder List

Gary Windham windhamg at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 9 09:48:19 PST 2004

Gary Windham wrote:
> Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>
>> Quoting Gary Windham <windhamg at email.arizona.edu>:
>> | Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in and let you know that I'm
>> | experiencing similar problems.  I'm running the following:
>> |
>> | PHP 4.3.4 CVS (updated a couple of hours ago)
>> | CVS HEAD Horde/IMP (updated ~20 mins ago)
>> | Apache 1.3.27
>> | c-client from imap-2003.DEV.SNAP-0307081538
>> | Cyrus IMAP 2.1.14
>> |
>> | Any nested folders display in the folder list twice, and expanding a
>> | nested folder truncates the folder list--e.g., if I have a folder
>> "foo",
>> | with a subfolder "bar", and a third (non-nested) folder "baz", as
>> follows:
>> |
>> | +-foo
>> |   |-bar
>> | |-baz
>> |
>> | then expanding "foo" will show two copies of "bar", but "baz"
>> disappears
>> | from the folder list.  Collapsing the entire folder list and
>> | re-expanding it will result in multiple instances of "baz"--sometimes
>> | more than 2.
>>
>> All right.  Let's try again with this one.  Try what I just committed
>> - it
>> seemed to fix the problems on my uw-imap-2001a test setup, and
>> continues to
>> run perfectly on my courier-imap setup.
>

> The behavior changed for me, but it's still not correct.  Here are the
> symptoms I am now seeing:
>
> Expanding a folder hierarchy with 1 child folder works OK; if you expand
> a folder hierarchy more than 2 levels deep, any top-level folders below
> this point in the folder tree will not be displayed.  For example, for
> the following folder tree:
>
> +-INBOX
> .
> .-baz
> .
> +-foo
> . |
> . +-bar
> .  |
> .  --blah
> .
> .-testfolder1
> .
> .-testfolder2
>
> Expanding the "foo/bar" folder will result in everything below the "foo"
> hierarchy in the top-level folder list being truncated.
>
> Additionally, using the "Expand all" function in the folder does not
> expand more than 1 level of any nested folder hierarchy, and causes
> duplicate display of subfolders.  Depending on the depth to which any
> particular folder hierarchy is expanded, collapsing the folder hierarchy
> (or clicking on "Collapse All") will result in multiple instances of
> folders below that point in the top-level folder list.  The number of
> instances seems to depend somehow on the depth to which the nested
> folder hierarchy was expanded, but I can't discern a consistent pattern.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I neglected to mention that the
multiple instances of folders disappear when the folder navigator
"reload" icon is clicked; so it appears to be cache-related in some way,
especially since expanding-and-collapsing a nested folder hierarchy
several times in succession (without reloading) results in a *large*
number of folder duplicates.

--
Gary Windham
Systems Programmer, Principal