[dev] Folder List

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Jan 9 16:47:29 PST 2004

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Try now.  Most of the problems should (crossing fingers) be fixed.

For me, almost perfect!

Let's see if I can explain what's happening here.

Example folder list:

+..INBOX
.
...newCVS
.
...newHorde
.
+..OldMail
. .
. .+..prodigy
.   .
.   ..someFolder
.
...Read These
.
...Receipts

When I initially go to the folder list (by clicking 'Mail' on the portal or
clicking the 'Folders' link), I see only INBOX with the '+' in front of it.

If I expand the folder 'prodigy' (either by clicking 'Expand All', which now
correctly opens all folders, or by clicking the '+' in front of them),
everything's displayed up to (and including) 'someFolder'; 'Read These' and
'Receipts' aren't displayed. Until, that is, I click 'Collapse All' or close
the folders by clicking the '-'. Then, I see INBOX (with the '+' in front of
it), followed by 'Read These' and 'Receipts'. It continues to display all
three until I leave the folder list, then come back, at which time the folder
list only displays INBOX collapsed.

A couple of notes:

1. If I collapse the 'prodigy' folder, 'Read These' and 'Receipts' are
displayed again.

2. This only happens with sub-folders of INBOX (or mail/). If a folder at the
'someFolder' level is expanded, sub-folders of 'OldMail' and 'prodigy' are
displayed.

Does this make any sense?
--
Rick Emery