[dev] Fwd: why are you nasty to English?

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Mon Jan 12 07:09:01 PST 2004

> *blink*
>
> ----- Forwarded message from james.nagel at the-times.co.uk -----
>     Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:23:41 -0000
>     From: "Nagel, James" <james.nagel at the-times.co.uk>
>  Subject: why are you nasty to English?
>       To: "'chuck at horde.org'" <chuck at horde.org>
>
> "A strong effort has been made to make IMP as non-English-friendly as
> possible."
> that's what you say in your Horde intro.
> what have you got against us English?

<sarcasm>

Um, maybe the fact that they can't seem to read it (English)?

</sarcasm>

As far as I can tell, IMP's native language is English. The developers also
wish to make it friendly for non-English language users, hence the statement
"non-English-friendly". The statement isn't anti-English, it's just
pro-other-languages. IMP can be (and is) non-English-friendly and
English-friendly at the same time.

You appear to be reading "non-English friendly" as "not English-friendly", and
they aren't the same; at least in *my* English :-)

I assume this was a joke? I don't even know why I'm responding; too much time
on my hands, I guess.

--
Rick Emery

 you will always long to return"