[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: framework/RPC/RPC soap.php

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Tue Jan 13 11:37:30 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 10:20:14AM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> >   Modified files:
> >     RPC/RPC              soap.php
> >   Log:
> >   I don't think we need $options['headers']['Authorization']; the SOAP
> >   libraries do the Right Thing based on the passed username/password.
>
> Did you test this? I'm sure it didn't with the version available when I
> wrote this code. The $options array actually got passed to HTML_Request.

It worked fine with a local SOAP server being accessed via HTTPS. I've got
SOAP 0.8RC2 installed, and it doesn't look like it actually uses
HTTP_Request anywhere; it uses direct socket connections for HTTP and the
curl extension for HTTPS. SOAP_Transport_HTTP actually does something like
this to handle auth:

function setCredentials($username, $password)
{
    $this->headers['Authorization'] = 'Basic ' . base64_encode($username . ':' . $password);
}

[...]
if (isset($options['user'])) {
    $this->setCredentials($options['user'], $options['pass']);
}

The XML-RPC client *does* pass $options to HTTP_Request; maybe that's what
comes to mind?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o