[dev] Weather block; need advice/help

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Jan 16 06:01:38 PST 2004

> You need to modify Horde_Form_Renderer so that it knows how to render your
> new
> type. That should be it. :)
>
> -chuck

I *really* hate bothering you guys, and I know I'm missing something basic.

I really just need a "validated" text box, so (before I got this message) I
added "case weather:" just before "case text:" in
horde/lib/Block/Collection.php. That gave me the text box, but no validation.

After getting this message, I removed that change and modified
horde/lib/Form/Renderer.php, adding:

case weather:
    $this->_renderWeather();

to function _renderForm(), and a new function:

    function _renderWeather()$
    {$
    }$

With this change, I get nothing (no text box). I'll keep looking at it (maybe
lightning will strike), but I'm stuck now.

Thanks for all of your help,
Rick

--
Rick Emery