[dev] Horde and compressOutput()

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jan 16 20:08:10 PST 2004

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Can someone think of a reason why we shouldn't allow all 'horde' scripts that
> output text to use compression (i.e. a reason why we shouldn't allow
> Horde::compressOutput to live in horde/lib/base.php).  Almost every page inthe
> horde module uses it anyway, and forgetting to put it in when creating a new
> page can lead to some very, very difficult bugs to track down (finding out
> why the services/portal/edit.php page was dropping information in the middle
> of the page just took me an hour to track down).

The only scripts that sometimes have had trouble with compression are things
like the download scripts. I guess, try it, and we can roll it back if there
are any problems during the 3.0 testing process. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."