[dev] Release Engineering: framework distribution

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 19 08:43:24 PST 2004

We have no plan yet how to distribute the framework modules with the Horde
tarball. I see two possible solutions, derived from the current two methods
to install the packages if using CVS.

1) install-packages.php
We create packages for all framework modules, put them into the tarball and
provide a script (essentially install-packages.php) that will install all
the packages into the local PEAR repository.

2) create-symlinks.php
We copy the modules into a directory inside the Horde tree in the same
manner as create-symlinks.php creates symbolic links and change the
HORDE_LIBS constant to point to this directory before creating the tarball.

I tend to the second solution because it's as easy as today for the admins
to install the Horde tarball. Opinions?

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens