[dev] Problems with CVS HEAD IMP folder navigator

Gary Windham windhamg at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 20 16:29:56 PST 2004

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Gary Windham <windhamg at email.arizona.edu>:
>
>> I just updated from CVS about two hours ago; the last update I
>> performed was on
>> 1/12, at which time the IMP folder navigator was working properly.
>>
>> Here are the current problems I'm seeing:
>>
>> 1) The folder navigator only displays subscribed folders, regardless
>> of the IMP
>> 'subscribe' preference value.  Clicking the "reload view" icon in the folder
>> navigator appears to refresh the cache, at which time all the folders become
>> visible.
>
> Can't reproduce this.  If IMAP folder subscriptions are off, all folders are
> displayed.  If IMAP folder subscriptions are on, only subscribed folders are
> displayed until Show Unsubscribed is clicked.

I delved into this a little more deeply, and am pretty certain that this problem
is caused by use of the IMP summary block on the portal page.  The
Horde_Block_Imp_summary class creates an IMP_Tree instance, with the
'subscribed' attribute set to true, in the _content() method
(imp/lib/Block/summary.php line 49), as follows:

  $imptree = &IMP_Tree::singleton(true, true);

Since the IMP_Tree object is cached and reused (e.g., when entering the folder
navigator) I believe this may be the culprit--especially since removing the IMP
summary block from my portal layout returned the folder behavior to normal.

Thanks,
--Gary

--
Gary Windham