[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: jonah content.php prefs.php stockchart.php stockquote.php jonah/config conf.xml prefs.php.dist jonah/docs CHANGES TODO jonah/graphics stocks.gif jonah/lib Jonah.php Stocks.php api.php jonah/lib/Block stocks.php jonah/lib/St

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jan 21 11:52:48 PST 2004

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

>> Remove stocks code from Jonah - it's moving to Juno.
>
> I'd rather see it as a horde block myself, if that could be done, similar
> to weather.
>
> I don't run juno, but I'd like to see stock info on my horde summary page.

Well, the thing is that the stock code doesn't just do quotes - it handles
tracking a portfolio, linking to charts, etc - things that would do well
integrated into a checkbook/financials program. Just the quote part could be
standalone, I guess, but then we'd have to have stock-fetching libraries in
framework/, or smoosh one of the fetchers into the block itself, etc...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."