[dev] IMSP Backend for Turba / Horde

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Jan 22 09:08:45 PST 2004

I've finally finished getting a Turba driver working for an IMSP server
backend.   I had some general questions as to how best to incorporate it
into the Horde framework in general.

As it is written now, I have all the IMSP driver code in  turba/lib/Driver
and I added preferences to Turba to allow the user to use a different
name/password for the IMSP server if needed.  Everything works well like
this.  However, I was thinking of adding a horde preferences driver for an
IMSP back-end as well.  My question is, would it make more sense from a
design standpoint for me to put all of the 'core' IMSP library code inside
the horde framework  (maybe even separating out the IMSP server
authentication code and putting that into framework/Auth) and changing the
drivers to include the code from there?  That way, it would be easier for
someone to do something like  add a new authentication method to the IMSP
code. (Right now, I only have plaintext and CRAM-MD5 written).  If this is
the case, I would also move the 'alternate login' preferences I added to
turba to horde.  Maybe under the 'Remote Servers' option group?

Any input is appreciated.

Of course, I will make all these additions available to the project...if
anyone is interested that is!

Thanks.
Mike

--