[dev] preview_enable and show_preview in IMP.

Edwin Culp edwinlculp at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 15:49:23 PST 2004

--- Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>
wrote:
> Quoting Edwin Culp <edwinlculp at yahoo.com>:
>
> > I've been away for about 4 months and I'm begining
> the
> > set up of a new server without benefit of my old
> > configurations and I have found so much has
> changed, I
> > feel like a brand new user.  It's great ;-)
> >
> > I have configured horde and am now configuring imp
> and
> > I'm having a problem that I don't get newlines
> with
> > preview_enable enabled
>
> Preference -> Mail previews -> strip newlines.
>
> > also I see a, new for me,
> > option in imp/config/conf.php.
> >
> > $conf['mailbox']['show_preview']
> >
> > It seems to have the same or similar purpose as
> the
> > preview_enable pref.
>
> It essentially is - it was put in there as an easier
> way for admins setting up
> the server to disable previews then having them go
> in and lock the preference.
> I guess we could take it out because we can do the
> same thing in preferences,
> but it is handy to have in config (since that's also
> where we can
> disable/enable priority shading, attachment icon
> notification, etc.).

Thanks for the confirmation, Michael.  It's probably
much easier especially for new horde admins.  I don't
suppose that you have any ideas as to why I've got
this configured for 1000 chars and they are shown in
one long unreadable line with no newlines.  It
wouldn't have anything to do with the new flowed text
changes, would it?

Thanks again,

ed