[dev] newbie developer

Ben Davis ben.davis at pca-wichita.com
Tue Jan 27 11:38:12 PST 2004

Hi all.  I've been writing PHP apps for quite some time now,  and I'd
like to get involved with horde.  I'd really like to start learning the
framework and the coding styles.   There are a few things I'd like to
try and do,  -- maybe even some bounty items :-) .  The first thing I'd
like to do is create an authentication module for users of a smb-ldap
PDC, so that users and groups can be managed correctly.

Although I'm somewhat experienced in php (about 4 years now),  I've
never been part of an open source project and I have no clue how things
work, and how CVS is used, etc..  Can anyone point me to some
information that will help me become more familiar with the open source
development model?  Or if someone's willing to just tell me in a
nutshell what I need to know that would be great also.

Thanks!