[dev] patch -- frameset menu

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Tue Jan 27 13:27:12 PST 2004

>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the menu display any
>> applications that
>> the user has SHOW priveleges to?  If so, here is a patch to fix it.
>
> I changed this because they're not allowed to access apps that they
> don't have
> READ perms to. Showing them apps that redirect them to a login screen seems
> pretty unintuitive, so I'm not in favor of putting this back.

That's no different than how it worked before we removed the allow_guest
configuration.  If the guest did not have access, they could see the app, but
would have to log in before they could use it.  The app would redirect to the
login screen to take care of this.  I don't really see this as unintuitive.

I just think it's a bit misleading to the admin to have a show permission that
doesn't actually show anything...

--Ben