[dev] Horde.php

steve mailling at gmx.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 14:03:54 PST 2004

About Horde.php, I have several proposals.
1)
I don't get why we are doing @include_once, and not require_once
Indeed, if the file is not there, a lot of thing are not going to work
anyway; but it is just more difficult to catch it (for the developpers))

RCS file: /repository/horde/lib/Horde.php,v
retrieving revision 1.375
diff -w -b -r1.375 Horde.php
150,151c150,151
<         @include_once HORDE_LIBS . 'Horde/Auth.php';
<         @include_once HORDE_LIBS . 'Horde/CLI.php';
---
 >         include_once HORDE_LIBS . 'Horde/Auth.php';
 >         include_once HORDE_LIBS . 'Horde/CLI.php';

2)
When I used some profiler tools, I found that $webroot =
$registry->getParam('webroot'); is called a lot, so we could speed up the
things a little with:
429a430,432
 >         static $webroot;
 >
 >         if (!isset($webroot)) {
433a437
 >         }

3) Some Horde applications call directly a hook, because the method
callHook always wants to return an error if the hook doesn't exist, so I
propose this:
1060a1065,1066
 >      * @param optional boolean $no_error If turned to true, and if the
function
 >      *                              to call doesn't exist, return null
1064c1070
<     function callHook($hook, $args = array(), $app = 'horde')
---
 >     function callHook($hook, $args = array(), $app = 'horde', $no_error
= true)
1068,1069c1074,1077
<         if (file_exists($registry->getParam('fileroot', $app) .
'/config/hooks.php')) {
<             require_once $registry->getParam('fileroot', $app) .
'/config/hooks.php';
---
 >         $path = $registry->getParam('fileroot', $app);
 >
 >         if (file_exists($path . '/config/hooks.php')) {
 >             require_once $path . '/config/hooks.php';
1071a1080,1081