[dev] Hermes patches

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Thu Feb 5 20:50:53 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 09:28:04AM +0100, Tarjei Huse wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 21:53, Jan Schneider wrote:
> > Zitat von Tarjei Huse <tarjei+a_lists.phpgw at nu.no>:
> >
> > > Hi, here's a patch and a file for hermes. The file adds a new excel
> > > datadriver
> > > to Hermes, and the patch adds some minor stuff that is needed to use the
> > > driver.
> > >
> > > Todo (as in things I would like to fix):
> > > * Add the option to set a per job rate
> > > * export files on a per client / per user basis.
> > > * Use the same date suggestions in search as in data.php(I like those).
> > >
> > > Please comment.
> >
> > This should definitely be written a general purpose Data driver for Excel
> > files. Other apps could use that for export too.
>
> I'm not adverse to that idea. However, I will need some hints on how to
> do this, so if someone would be so kind as to read the code and come
> with a few comments, I'll do my best.

First, it will have to go into framework/Data/Data, the data.php screen
will have to be adjusted for that.

It will have to be modified so that it isn't hermes-specific (it
shouldn't mention hermes' field names).

I'll be happy to answer more specific questions, too.  Your work is
appreciated.

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>