[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/scripts make-tarball.php

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 9 08:14:36 PST 2004

> IMHO we should drop the patches completely, they don't work with binary
> files anyway and bandwith is cheap these days.

Double edge sword.  Lots of people like them for the ease of in-place
upgrading, in particular between minor releases where binary issues
are not as major a factor.  But, like you said, they are somewhat broken
since they don't handle binary data correctly, so...

If we do stop patches, we would just stop future ones, or go back and remove
all the already generated patch sets?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics