[dev] Kronolyth roadmap status ?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu Feb 12 07:30:32 PST 2004

Hi there,

I was discussing the replacement of our current Web calendar with my
boss this morning.  I personnally have never used Kronolyth, but I felt
it would be a much better solution than the current one as it would
integrate with our contact manager and webmail.  I checked the Kronolyth
project page, and had a look at the roadmap.  The current developpement
roadmap basically cover all our wish list.  Depending on the advancement
of various feature, I may be able to convince my boss to let me work on
it.  So I was wondering what is the current state of the various
developpement roadmap items :

    * Shared calendar support.
    * Create/import/mail iCalendar invitations, generate free/busy info.
    * Support for guest calendars.
    * Remote iCalendar calendar display support.
    * Palm DateBook (PDB) import support.
    * More flexible alarm notifications (e-mail, etc).

In particuliar, what is the current status of .pdb import ?  Does a
class to read PDB file exist ?

The two critical part for us are shared calendar and email alarm
notification.  Are these two in a usuable (even if buggy) state ?

I know it's hard to come up with a definitive schedule, but considering
the current pace of developpement, is it possible to give a rough
estimate for 2.0 ?  I'll be satisfied with something along the line of
"by next summer" or "not before next year".

Right now, I am incredibly busy with other projects but assuming I can
sell Kronolyth to my boss, I might be able to do some real work on it
by mid-April.

Thanks for your input !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com