[dev] Horde_Form Blocks

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu Feb 12 08:15:12 PST 2004

I'm pretty excited about using Horde_Form to validate locations for the
weather.com block, so I started looking at converting the blocks on the layout
configuration screen to use it (Horde_Form).

Apparently, someone has already thought along these lines, because the file
horde/lib/Block/UI.php, authored by Marko, contains a class for creating the
layout page using Horde_Form. I thought it would be a simple matter to render
the created form, but spent about a week messing with it without success (I'm
not experienced with Horde_Form :-( ).

Because of a shake-up at work, I don't currently have time to devote to this.
So, I wanted to make it known that the class in UI.php exists (and looks
great!) so that someone with available time (and better knowledge of
Horde_Form) might be able to look at it.

When things settle down at work, I'll jump back into this; I think it would be
perfect to be able to validate the location while still in the layout screen.

Thanks,
Rick

--
Rick Emery