[dev] Re: [PEAR-DEV] Re: [PEPr] Comment on Networking::Net_Cyrus

Damian Fernandez Sosa (DESC) damlists at cnba.uba.ar
Wed Feb 18 16:04:27 PST 2004

Sorry if you receive this email twice (I send from other email account)

> >> Regarding Etienne's question on dev at lists.horde.org, this package is
> >> probably not necessary if you have a recent imap extension and c-client.
> >>
> > And a CVS's version of PHP 5
> >
> > If this package is not necessary, also horde's Net_Cyrus isn't (it
> > also does'nt
> > use the newest c-client)
> >
> > You must have the newest version of c-client and compile it you can't use
> the
> > php that comes in redhat, mandrake, suse, etc. I think debian has the
> support
> > as a package in unstable . Also, that support is _ONLY_ in PHP 5 CVS. so
> you
> > can only use c-client version in PHP 5.
>
> That's not true. It works fine here with PHP 4.3.5 and c-client 2002d.

PHP 4.3.5 is not the stable release.(it is in RC stage)

According to php manual (http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imap-getacl.php )
imap_getacl()  is in "PHP 5 CVS only".

In php 4.3.4 imap_getacl function does not exist (only exists setacl)

You need this function to implemment net_cyrus.

That do you think about creating a Mail_Cyrus class (a la Mail class)  that can
use Net_IMAPCyrus (Net_IMAP based)  or Net_ExtCyrus a class based on (PHP 4.3.5
and c-client 2002d.) ? (We need to think better names for those clases!!)

I can do that if all you agree.