[dev] Migrating Moment functionality to Kronolith

Stuart Bingë s.binge at codefusion.co.za
Thu Feb 19 00:48:10 PST 2004

Hello all,

As it stands we're using both Kronolith and Moment to edit meetings in the
Kolab Webclient. This is far from ideal, as we've experienced a lot of
confusion among users as to where they're supposed to create meetings, how to
send meeting requests, how to view the free/busy information, etc. It's not
only that there are two places where you can create events, but that Moment's
interface is rather lacking.

What I'd like to do (and have started working on already) is migrate the extra
functionality of Moment into Kronolith, and eliminate Moment entirely. As far
as I understand this would involve moving the 'Attendees' and
Free/Busy-related interfaces to Kronolith, and updating Kronolith events to
store the 'status' and 'attendees' fields.

I'd like to see if I would be wasting my time on this, or if others would also
be interested in this work. Personally I think it makes more sense having all
the 'meeting' functionality combined with Kronoliths superior calendar
displays, recurring event support, etc - I constantly question why Moment was
created at all.

So, what does everyone think?

Regards,

--