[dev] Writing a new module

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at horde.org
Thu Feb 19 09:30:11 PST 2004

Rather than a new module, it would be nice to incorporate this with Vilma if
possible (Marko? Thoughts?).

How you handle the caching, I'll let someone else speak on.  I do want to make
sure that you use a full driver model.  I will be basing my new system on
BIND9 with sdb-ldap and/or bind-dlz and it would be best if I could just
write a driver for the new backends.  That means I won't have zone files for
many/any zones, and more importantly, with dlz I won't even have a reliable
named.conf from which you could determine the available domains.

Just food for thought.

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at horde.org
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
 flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                 -- Matt Groening