[dev] Renaming folders with sub-folders...

Gary Windham windhamg at email.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 24 13:47:00 PST 2004

Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at register4less.com>:

> Further more, if I do the following:
>
>    - create a "test" folder"
>    - create a "sub1" folder under "test"
>    - delete "test"
>
> It will not delete the sub-folder (sub1 in this case). It still shows
> the "test"
> folder and sub-folder. If I then delete test.sub1 directly, then everything
> disappears (as it should).
>
> Something is not healthy in there...

This is Cyrus behavior, not IMP behavior.  Deleting a mailbox in Cyrus
does not
automatically delete sub-mailboxes.

For example, for the folder hierarchy "a/b/c", deleting "a/b" will not delete
"a/b/c"; and since the "path" of the folder "c" is "a/b/c", "b" cannot be
deleted while it still has child folders (instead, Cyrus will mark it with the
\NonExistent and \Noselect flags--indicating that "b" only exists as a
component of the path "a/b/c").

--
Gary Windham
Systems Programmer, Principal