[dev] Renaming folders with sub-folders...

Gary Windham windhamg at email.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 24 20:40:20 PST 2004

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Gary Windham <windhamg at email.arizona.edu>:
>
>> I confirmed this behavior, using Cyrus IMAP 2.1.14.  Reloading the
>> folder list
>> resulted in the original "test" folder disappearing, so this appears to be a
>> cache issue.
>
> Try what I just committed.

Works for me...except for a couple of weird edge conditions.  I almost
hesitate
to mention them, but they're just too weird.

If I have a folder hierarchy a/<anything>, where the top-level folder is
*literally* called "a", then the folder rename operation fails.  If the
top-level folder is called "b", or "x", or "aa", "cucumber", or *anything*
else, then the rename succeeds.

The second condition is if I have a folder hierarchy "test1/test1", then
renaming the top-level folder to "test2" results in the subfolder being
renamed
to "test2" as well.  That is, "test1/test1" becomes "test2/test2".

Other than those, it seems to work well.

Thanks,
--Gary

--
Gary Windham