[dev] Trouble installing HEAD, framework related ?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Tue Mar 2 07:31:35 PST 2004

Hi,

I am tryin to install Horde HEAD from the snapshot tarball available on
the Horde ftp site.  Latest is dated 26/02/2004.

I untarred the Horde tarball in my DocumentRoot, untarred the frame
tarball under horde/, and ran 'php -q install-packages.php' without
error.  I copied the various config/*.php.dist to config/*.php.  So far,
this is pretty much boilerplate stuff.

Checked http://myhost.tld/horde/test.php, everything look good.  A few
PEAR class missing (Date, Auth_SASL, etc) but I will fix that later.

We I try to access http://myhost.tld/horde/index.php, I get :

    Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
    /usr/share/pear/Horde.php on line 342

Line 342 of /usr/share/pear/Horde.php refer to $registry, thus I try :

    [root at myhost horde]# php config/registry.php
    Fatal error: Undefined class name 'auth' in /var/www/html/horde/config/registry.php on line 44

The framework installtion put Auth.php in /usr/share/pear/Horde/Auth.php
so it make sense to me that the class can't be found.  But I suppose it
should not be the case so what did I did wrong in my install ?

Thank you for your insight.  This is my first installtion of Horde HEAD
since the separate distribution of framework have been adopted, and I
don't really understand what's happening.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com