[dev] VarRenderer and custom events

Matt matt at kynx.org
Wed Mar 3 06:53:07 PST 2004

Hi there,

I need to add things like onclick and onchange event handlers to form
objects using an extension of Horde_Form.

Maybe there's an easy way to do this, but from what I can tell I've got
to override all the various renderVarInput functions so they check
$var->hasAction() and output the right stuff (like _renderVarInput_text
does now).

If so, wouldn't it be better automatically checking these in the base
class (Horde_UI_VarRenderer_html)? Let me know and I'll post a diff.

Incidentally, the stuff I'm adding is for automatically summing elements
(el1 = el2 + el3 + ...) and another for making the enabled state of one
element dependant on the value of another. Any interest?

Regards,

Matt