[dev] Weirdness with Nag & DataTree driver

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Mar 4 12:08:59 PST 2004

Quoting "Derek P. Moore" <derekm at hackunix.org>:

> I'm massively impressed with the great depth of base functionality.  The
> provided framework feels very thorough and dynamic.

Thanks!

> While there's quite a bit of functionality, there are plenty of rough edges.

Well, it is development code. It should be getting smoother, though.

> I'm a coder of sorts, and I look forward to contributing whatever I
> can to the
> Horde projects.  I'm working on a weird sort of project in downtown Kansas
> City, creating a venue and artists' cooperative called The Stray Cat.  As a
> part of my work in the project, I'm doin' all sorts of IT infrastructure
> stuffs.  I should have decent amounts of time to dedicate to developing our
> web-based functionality, which will definately include work on Horde.  I've
> been usin' Horde for years, so it'll be nice to have plenty of time
> and reason to hack away.

Great - contributions are always welcome.

> Among the areas I'd like to contribute are:  general polishing of
> rough edges;
> better LDAP integration; better overall integration (the joys of full
> iCalendar support); and maybe a random feature here and there.

Sounds good. I'm working on iCalendar as well, so please make sure to
coordinate
through this list. More help on LDAP would be absolutely fabulous.

> Tracking down why there seems to be a sort of cartesian join between
> task items and task lists is proving to be a bit more complicated.
> I've been wading through nag/list.php,
> nag/templates/list/task_summaries.inc, nag/lib/Nag.php,
> nag/lib/Driver.php, and nag/lib/Driver/datatree.php; and I've
> attempted to inspect the horde_categories and
> horde_category_attributes tables for any obvious errors (come to
> think of it, I don't think anything about DataTree's SQL tables can
> be called 'obvious' *grin*).

When working on the various sync methods for Nag, I noticed that the DataTree
driver didn't appear to store the tasklist *anywhere*. So I'm not sure how it
worked in the past, but that's undoubtedly the root of this problem. I haven't
had time to fix it, since I use the SQL driver, but that's what has to be done
- store the tasklist_id in the task entry, and then use that in retrieve().

-chuck