[dev] Task item to task list association in DataTree driver fix

Derek P. Moore derekm at hackunix.org
Thu Mar 4 13:35:14 PST 2004

> This is a suboptimal solution, but it's all that's possible with the current
> datatree driver implementation.

Agreed.

> What we really need is a rewrite of the datatree driver that uses an
> extension of DataTreeObject with attributes defined, so that we can query
> based on attributes.

Or so the driver inherently supports multiple list views, etc.

Ya know, in writing my email to submit that fix, I kept rewriting a few
paragraphs, and finally decided to just ditch them and be less verbose.  But
what I was attempting to talk about in those paragraphs was that the DataTree
driver needed to be rewritten, and possibly even Nag_Driver.
Nag_Driver::singleton() ought to be able to accept
$GLOBALS['display_tasklists'] straight, and other modifications to hide the
creation of complex views from the programmer.

Peace out,

Derek

http://hackunix.org/~derekm/pubkey.asc ]
[ derekm at hackunix.org ]----------------------------[ bfd2 fad6 1014