[dev] [Turba] Search API

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Mar 6 14:10:51 PST 2004

Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at register4less.com>:

> I added an extra attribute to my turba configuration to allow my
> users to have
> an extra email address in their contatcs. I added the following:
>
> (in turba/config/attributes.php):
>   $attributes['altEmail'] = array(
>       'label' => _("Alternate Email"),
>       'type' => 'email',
>       'required' => false
>   );
>
> (in turba/config/sources.php under the 'map' hash):
>   'altEmail' => 'object_altemail'
>
> Could anyone suggest a good way to modify the _turba_search() function in
> 'turba/lib/api.php' to return both email address in an elegant way?

Not yet. Turba's API is currently, well, messy. I need to clean it up in order
to implement syncing, so I'm planning on looking at it soon. Hopefully that'll
make it a lot easier to do stuff like what you describe. So, I'd suggest
following Turba commits for a little bit, and revisiting this once
things are a
bit cleaned up.

Or, help/suggestions would be great. :)

-chuck