[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: framework/Horde Horde.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Mar 15 01:07:55 PST 2004

Zitat von Jon Parise <jon at horde.org>:

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 10:00:14AM -0800, Jan Schneider wrote:
>
>>   Log:
>>   Automatic access keys are gone. Access keys are now prefixed with an
>>   underscore that can be escaped by another underscore.
>>   We still save the used access keys to avoid duplicate keys on one page.
>
> The Windows API uses an ampersand (&) as the access key prefix (e.g.,
> "&File").  What do you think about adopting that standard?  Or might
> that prove problematic with the & being escaped as an HTML entity in
> some instances?

I discussed this with Marko beforehand, underscores are used as often for
access key prefixes as ampersands.

We decided for underscores though because it is much more likely that a link
that should be accessible by access keys may contain an ampersand than an
underscore, thus we will have to escape the prefix in fewer cases.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens