[dev] Re: composite driver Problem

markus freaked at gmx.at
Thu Apr 1 04:11:06 PST 2004

markus wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> that's a missunderstanding. Of course I use more then one backend.
> I just thought I don't post it all, because it isn't really helpfull to
> solve the problem. Actually I use 4 backends; but all of it just SQL.
> So they all look the same.
>
> the point is, that this configuration worked fine before. Just after the
> new update of passwd and the framework it didn't work anymore.
>
> I think you can easily try it with just one backend, but with the
> composite driver. Then it shouldn't work for you too.
>
> markus
>

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>
>> Just a dumb question: Why do you use the composite driver if you have
>> only
>> one backend?
>>
>> Zitat von markus <freaked at gmx.at>:

>>> Hi Jan,
>>>
>>> hmm, I'm not aware of a setup that has to be done.
>>> What I did, I configured the backend.php and this worked with
>>> my 2 Month old horde dev cvs. Last week I did update to the recent one,
>>> and since that the composite driver didn't work anymore.
>>>
>>> I just compared the recent dist backup file and my one, and they are the
>>> same version and same struckture.
>>>
>>> So is the backend.php what you ment in your question, or did you mean a
>>> other configuration.
>>>
>>> here a part of my backend.php
>>> $backends['composite'] = array(
>>>          'name' => 'projektraum[x]',
>>>          'preferred' => '',
>>>          'password policy' => array(
>>>                                     'minLength' => 1,
>>>                                     'maxLength' => 12,
>>>                                     'maxSpace' => 0,
>>>                                     'minUpper' => 0,
>>>                                     'minLower' => 0,
>>>                                     'minNumeric' => 0
>>>                                     ),
>>>          'driver' => 'composite',
>>>          'params' => array('drivers' => array(
>>>                  'sql' => array (
>>>                  'name' => 'Horde Authentication',
>>>                  'driver' => 'sql',
>>>                  'params' => array(
>>>                  'phptype'    => 'mysql',
>>>                  'hostspec'   => 'localhost',
>>>                  'username'   => 'horde',
>>>                  'password'   => 'secret',
>>>                  'encryption' => 'md5-hex',
>>>                  'database'   => 'horde',
>>>                  'table'      => 'horde_users',
>>>                  'user_col'   => 'user_uid',
>>>                  'pass_col'   => 'user_pass',
>>>                  'show_encryption' => false
>>>            ),
>>>        ),
>>> *** snip ****
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> Markus
>>>

>>> --
>>

>> Jan.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
>> http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens
>> http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft

Hi all,

I replaced my new composite driver with my old one.
horde/passwd/lib/Driver/composite.php

<  * $Horde: passwd/lib/Driver/composite.php,v 1.1 2003/07/23 20:12:48
max Exp $
---
 >  * $Horde: passwd/lib/Driver/composite.php,v 1.2 2004/02/02 02:15:22
chuck Exp $

now my password backend.php works again perfectly;
I don't now if I messed up something or if it is a bug.

does the v1.2 composite driver work in your configuration !?

regards markus