[dev] iCalendar parsing problem

Justus Pendleton justus at ryoohki.net
Thu Apr 1 16:35:19 PST 2004

I tried using one of the shared calendars on www.icalshare.com with
Kronolith with little success; the calendar is
http://ical.mac.com/lilscoy/smallville.ics.  After a little digging, the
problem seems to be with a change made in version 1.37 of iCalendar.php
in the framework.  The regexp for finding subcomponents was changed from
ungreedy to greedy, which looks wrong to me.  When I took a look at the
intermediate $data values during the parsevCalendar loop each successive
iteration included not only the next subcomponent but also all previous
subcomponents.  When I changed the regexp to be ungreedy again, this was
fixed.  If that regexp is greedy it seems to me that it won't find the
appropriate matching END:VEVENT tag.

Justus