[dev] redirection to imp not working [ALPHA]

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Mon Apr 5 02:40:53 PDT 2004

Cituojama Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> What do you mean by "redirection to imp"? And no, ALPHA is working fine
>>> here.
>>
>> I'm talking about "What application should Horde display after login?"
>> option in
>> portal preferences. I tried setting it to other applications, but still
>> with no
>> effect. It seems that Horde just ignoring it. Any ideas how can i
>> debug this?
>
> Trace the code in the various index.php, login.php and redirect.php pages.

After some experiments i found that code on line 36 in index.php brakes
redirection stuff (i don't use permissions).

<snip>
         if (!empty($url)) {
             $main_page = $url;
         } elseif (!empty($initial_app)) {
// && ($GLOBALS['perms']->exists($initial_app) &&
// $GLOBALS['perms']->hasPermission($initial_app, Auth::getAuth(),
PERMS_READ)))
{
             $main_page = Horde::url($registry->getInitialPage($initial_app));
</snip>

this fixes the problem.

Also i found that setting initial_application parameter in /config/prefs.php
also brakes the redirection stuff. Index.php script gets parameter from
prefs.php not from SQL backend. I know this is impossible because you
can't get
user's sql preferences before he are logged in. What is other way to set
default initial_application for NEW user?

--
    Best Regards,

    Vilius Šumskas
    LNK TV system administrator