[dev] [patch] Properly sized first.gif and first-grey.gif

Derek P. Moore derekm at hackunix.org
Tue Apr 6 08:08:28 PDT 2004

Somewhere along the way, first.gif and first-grey.gif became 18x16 instead of
16x16; however, the code in mailbox.php continued to specify a size of 16x16,
so the arrow was gettin' squashed.

First I edited mailbox.php to specify 18x16, but that made the nav arrows
weirdly lopsided, so I GIMPed the two GIFs.  They both had two trailing columns
of clear pixels on their right sides.

Speaking of the lopsidedness of the nav arrows, does everybody else's browser
put about six pixels of padding on the right side of the two character text
input box for specifying which page to view?  Getting rid of that right-side
padding would make the nav arrows more aesthetically pleasing.  Is this
something CSS can accomplish?  Or is it the way Mozilla renders <input>s?

Thanks much,

Derek